What is Toddler Yoga?
Toddler yoga combines a mix of yoga-inspired movements, music, singing, dancing and sensory play. It’s a great way to spend time with your toddler enjoying some energetic movements together.
Why choose Toddler Yoga?
- Helps with development of movement patterns
- Improves bonding and attachment with parent
- Promotes relaxation and (may) reduce tantrums
- Improves circulation, the respiratory system and the immune system
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Can aid digestive issues
- Improves co-ordination and balance
- Introduction to mindfulness
- Develops language through rhymes and singing
- Improves listening skills
- Sensory stimulation
- Facilitates sleep
- Meet some other parents and make some new baby friends
- Local classes in North Yorkshire
- Online classes
- Learn skills that you can use throughout your child’s life
- Have fun and relax with your child
- Increases confidence and self-esteem for you and your child
- Work with a qualified physiotherapist in a friendly and relaxed environment
What can we offer?
Each session follows a theme or story with energetic movement sequences, stretches and songs. The classes follow a set structure each week that the older toddlers will begin to grasp over the duration of the course. They are super active sessions for you and your little ones but are full of fun for everyone! Our sessions run in Kirkby Fleetham which is easily accessible from Northallerton, Bedale, Catterick, Thirsk and Richmond.
Toddler yoga is suitable for 18 months – 5 years and requires parental participation. Our classes run as five week courses with each session lasting 30 minutes.