What is Baby Massage?
Baby massage is the gentle stroking of your baby using your hands. It’s a very natural and instinctive way to interact with your baby. It is practised all over the world and there are loads of different strokes and techniques with far reaching benefits. We want to build your confidence in how to effectively massage your baby to help you both get the most out of it.
Why choose Baby Massage?
- Promotes bonding and secure attachment
- Can provide relief from common tummy ailments
- Boosts circulation, respiratory system and immune system
- Improves muscle tone and facilitates development of movement
- Sensory stimulation to increase body awareness
- Facilitates relaxation and sleep
- Appropriate for newborns and older babies
- Meet some other parents and make some new baby friends
- Local classes in North Yorkshire
- Online classes
- Learn massage skills that you can use throughout your child’s life
- Relax and have fun with your baby
- Work with a qualified physiotherapist in a friendly and relaxed environment
What can we offer?
We offer a five-week baby massage course with each session lasting about 45 mins. We will start off in week one by massaging the chest, tummy and legs then build up over the rest of the course until you have a full top to toe massage routine you can practice at home. We provide all equipment including mats, towels and oil. You will receive a full massage booklet to remind you of the strokes and a certificate on completion of the course. Our sessions run in Kirkby Fleetham which is easily accessible from Northallerton, Bedale, Catterick, Thirsk and Richmond.
For group sessions we recommend that babies are six weeks up until they are crawling.
Baby massage is suitable from birth onwards. We can offer private sessions for very young babies. Contact us for more details.
We can also offer online or face to face private one-to-one or private group sessions on demand. Contact us for more details.