What is Baby Yoga?
Baby yoga uses yoga inspired movements to facilitate the normal development patterns and movements of babies. We also incorporate mantras, breathing techniques and basic yoga stretches for the grown ups too. The class includes songs, rhymes, magic moves and some sensory play to ensure that everyone has fun.
Why choose Baby Yoga?
- Helps with development of normal movement
- Improves bonding and attachment with parent
- Promotes relaxation
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Can aid digestive issues
- Promotes bonding and secure attachment
- Sensory stimulation
- Facilitates sleep
- Meet some other parents and make some new baby friends
- Appropriate for newborns and older babies
- Local classes in North Yorkshire
- Online classes
- Learn skills that you can use throughout your child’s life
- Have fun and relax with your baby
- Work with a qualified physiotherapist in a friendly and relaxed environment
What can we offer?
We offer a five-week baby yoga course with each session lasting about 45 mins. Each class will vary with movements focusing on rolling, sitting, crawling and standing. Come and learn some ‘magic moves’ which can be used to settle your little ones and be inspired by our tummy time positions. We provide all equipment including mats, towels and sensory items. You will receive a full yoga booklet to remind you of the movements and a certificate on completion of the course. Our sessions run in Kirkby Fleetham which is easily accessible from Northallerton, Bedale, Catterick, Thirsk and Richmond.
For group sessions we recommend that baby is between eight weeks until they are crawling.
Baby yoga is suitable from six weeks onwards and we offer private sessions for young babies. Contact us for more details.
We can also offer online or face to face private one-to-one or private group sessions on demand. Contact us for more details.